Friday, July 30, 2010

Revving it up

Next time you step into your vehicle or hop on your bike rev up the engine. It'll put a smile on your face, remind you of younger years, activate your adrenaline and charge up your engine.

I always wanted a sports car and when I was in high school I purchased an old '69 Cutlass. It still had a great engine, or so I thought until one day when I pulled into a parking lot and turned off the engine, smoke started billowing from the hood, the doors and any orifice that cracked open to the great outdoors. I thought that it was going to blow up! My sweet ride was disintegrating before my eyes. A once hot off the line car was now a piece of junky metal that could barely start. From that I inherited an even older New Yorker that could seat five people comfortably in the front seat, sure it had power windows, but the jump off the line was less than satisfactory for someone who longed to be at the head of the pack. It did come in handy, however, when a load of us wanted to go for ice cream. And I love ice cream!

I learned that in order to 'get what you want' you've got to rev up your own engine and that may come in many forms, often ways you've never thought of.

Drive on,
Karen

No comments: